- Video Caption: What household items
- Video Duration: 08 : 36
Being one of the fastest growing economies in the world, Ethiopia is the oldest independent country in Africa, and is among the most stable counties in Africa. Ethiopia’s economy has achieved robust, broad-based growth averaging 10.3% a year from 2006/07 to 2016/17, compared to a regional average of 5.4%. Boldly speaking, where there is encouraging economic growth, there is a room for investment to come.
The commitment of Ethiopia’s government reforms in terms of privatization is so encouraging. The government's growth strategy calls for structural reforms designed to strengthen the private sector, boost competition, and increase investment—an approach that is accelerating the end of Ethiopia’s long reliance on state-led economic development. The ratification of a new investment law is also expected to add momentum to Ethiopia’s reform efforts.
Are you an investor who is wondering where to invest? Invest in Ethiopia. There are a lot of reasons why Ethiopia is your preferred investment destination.
- Growing economy
- Excellent climate and fertile soil
- Strong guarantees and protections
- Young and trainable labor force
- Regional hub with Access to a wide market
- Improved economic infrastructure
- Competitive incentives packages
- Government commitment
- Political and social instability
Many more relative Investment opportunities are available in Ethiopia
- Attractive investment incentives.
- Huge market: 100 plus million people and growing annually at 2.9%; GDP of US$ 80 billion.
- Preferential access to US markets through AGOA and the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) of the United States.
- Preferential access to the European markets through the Everything But Arms (EBA) initiative.
- Close proximity to the Middle East and Southern Asia. Meet 3.5 billion population within 8 hours flights from Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia
- Cheap electricity.
- Affordable labor
- Industrial parks ready for ’plug and play’